Saturday, September 1, 2012

Status Report and Eye Candy

As some of you may know, I originally was pretty much asking the ladies on the quilting.about.com forum for 12.5" blocks and "maybe some tops" for the Taylor Bridge Fire Quilts project. Oh my goodness!! To date I've received 18 finished quilts and 20+ quilt tops, one of which I quilted and finished. I have several others set aside to try to work on personally.

I thought it would be fun to see how some of the 12.5" blocks were going to look laid out. I put all of the houses up I'd received so far, and a portion of the other blocks. It looks like with sashing and borders I'll be able to make 2 quilt tops, maybe even 3!

You guys have truly overwhelmed me with your generosity and skills, and I'm so happy to be able to pass these works of art onto the folks who need a little something special to call their own after losing their homes to this terrible fire.

A huge thank you to all who are participating, and those still finishing items to send along!!!

-Misha

2 comments:

  1. I plan to make a few house blocks next week. I will add a couple more for this project and mail them with my first couple of finished items. Two are quilted and squared and a good bit of binding is sitting ready. I do have to leave for Atlanta for a couple of days in about 2 hours. When I get home Monday, I should be able to get back to the two almost finished ones and the house blocks. Waiting on backing that should be here by the end of next week to do the rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds fantastic, Mary Jane!! Have a safe trip, and I'll "see" you when you get back :)

      Delete