Saturday, October 27, 2012

Misha's New Year's Mystery Quilt 2011

DSCN8100 washed

If this looks familiar...it should! I took a picture of the unquilted top awhile back and it's been the header photo for this blog :) All the fabric on the top is from my stash of batiks, and I quilted it using Guttermann's variegated red & white thread which was generously donated to the project by Brigitte a few weeks ago.

DSCN8094

The pattern is by Janet Wickell of the about.com forum. It was a mystery quilt, and the free pattern is still available on the website here. I ended up making mine 60" square because I'm fond of square quilts. You never have them oriented the wrong way! ;)

DSCN8095

And here's a peek at the back...I took a chance and used a solid black backing with the variegated thread. I usually make the thread match the back! I machine bound it and later realized I'd missed catching a couple of sections of the binding on the back so I hand sewed them down. Shhh, don't tell on me!!

DSCN8096

Cyndy's quilts have migrated up from SW Washington (via my fabulous Quilt Mule aka Dad!) and I will have them in my hands mid-week, so watch for another blog post in a few days. She made a super cute Buggy Barn quilt for the project!

1 comment:

  1. Love the stitching! I'm inspired - when I learn FM, I'm doing it on a Singer 221

    ReplyDelete